Sunday, October 26, 2008

Makenna vs. Ford F250


Last Monday Makenna gave us a HUGE scare. The neighbor comes to the door and tells Donna that Makenna got hit by a car on the way to school. She races to the scene of the accident and finds Makenna in hysterics. Makenna and a truck both stopped at an intersection waiting for each other to go. They both went and Makenna found her leg pinned underneath the truck. Wayne was doing the zombie march at the gym when the gym employee came up and said he needed to call the school because his daughter got hit by a car. He went and got Makenna and began driving to Childrens Medical Center. Makenna was begging us to just get a gun and shoot her because she was in so much pain. So we stopped at Eric C's house and Eric and Wayne gave her a blessing. After the blessing Makenna calmed down. The hospital staff found nothing wrong but some deep srapes and bruises. Makenna is doing very well. Heavenly Father was watching out for her. It could have been a lot worse.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, how scary. I'm glad she's doing ok and that they were able to give her a blessing. Tell her some friends in FL are thinking of her! Riley still talks about you guys so I love to keep her informed when you post stuff. Tell the rest of the clan that is out there (Sonnes, Whitneys) hello for us!

Lugo's said...

That is terrifying. I am glad you had the priesthood close by to give her a blessing. Tell her we miss her and hope she feels better soon.

Super B said...

Wow. I am so glad she is okay!

Kathy said...

Even though I have heard the story a few times from multiple people this blog revealed new and interesting details.

Laurie D. said...

I'm glad Makenna is okay and didn't have any more serious injuries. You guys were blessed.