Our last Sunday in Ocala we were askd to speak in Sacrament meeting. Although we were extremelely busy trying to pack for our cross country move we were happy for the chance to share our testimonies one last time with a ward we love so much. When I prepare a talk I usually just draw up an outline and go over what I'm going to say a few times. However for some reason I felt the need to write out every single word of my talk. I thought I was feeling this need because I was quite sleep deprived ,between a newborn and the move, and I might blank out and not remember anything I had prepared. So I organized and typed out every single word (which was painful for me since I type like 20 /min). The night before the talk I still had not finished and considered just writing down a few key principles but I changed my mind when I had the same feeling to write everything out. I woke up extra early the next morning and took an hour pounding out every key.
Anyway to make a long story short, I delivered my talk, it went just fine, but right after Sacrament meeting an older Brother in the ward rushed up to me and said "Is there any way I can get a copy of your talk? My daughter is going through some really hard times and there were so many things in the talk I think would help her." (My topic was faith to endure trials). I was so happy to be able to reach in my bag and hand him the talk.
Please don't think I am sharing this experience because I thought my talk was so great all I did was find a bunch of great scripures and quotes from prophets about the Plan of Salvation, I am sharing this experience because I know a loving Heavenly Father is aware of all his children. There is no way I would have made time to summarize my talk that last week before we moved so it needed to be written out ahead of time and I am sure that sweet father was praying for something to help his daughter go through her trials. I know the Lord uses us to answer each other's prayers.
Donna
1 comment:
What a neat experience. Also, I am so HAPPY that you finally joined the blogging community. Now that you all live far away, it will be great to keep in touch and know what you are all up to. We love you guys!!
Post a Comment